TSA’s New ‘Pledge to Travelers’ Emphasizes Security, Customer Service
TSAs New Pledge to Travelers Emphasizes Security, Customer Service
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) unveiled its ‘Pledge to Travelers,’ a statement of rights and expectations for all persons who go through the screening process at Americas airports. The Pledge is TSAs latest demonstration of the agencys ongoing commitment to customer service in the fulfillment of its security mandate.
TSAs mission is to provide world class security with world class customer service, said Rear Admiral David M. Stone, USN (Ret.), Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for TSA. Security and Customer Service are at the core of all screener duties. This pledge reflects our continued commitment to perform each day in a manner that demonstrates our understanding that we are servants of the American people.
The Pledge to Travelers (PDF 445 KB) http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Pledge_v5.pdf consists of seven points:
* We pledge to do everything we can to ensure that your flight is secure.
* We pledge to treat you with courtesy, dignity, and respect during the screening process.
* We pledge that if additional screening is required, we will communicate and explain each step of the additional screening process.
* We pledge to honor your request for a private screening at any time during the screening process.
* We pledge that if additional screening of your person is required, it will be provided by a screener of the same gender.
* We pledge to accept all feedback and to consider your input as a vital part of our effort to continually enhance the screening experience.
* We pledge to respond to your comments in a timely manner.
The Pledge is a tangible reminder of TSAs promise to the traveling public to provide top-notch security and customer service in the performance of all duties. The TSA welcomes all customer comments at: (866) 289-9673 or by e-mail: [email protected]).