IAFC calls for papers for upcoming conference
The Alexandria, Va.-based International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) has issued a special second call for papers for the Fire-Rescue International Global Academy for Leadership (FRI 2010), scheduled for Aug. 24-28 in Chicago. This call for papers targets emerging topics that arose after the original call for papers had been closed, and will only be open through March 1.
The IAFC Program Planning Council specifically seeks the following topic areas:
* Recovery from the Economic Crisis (e.g., adjusting operating guidelines and standards to meet the realities of today's fiscal restraints)
* Technology Integration (e.g., using the cloud and the Internet to enhance services)
* Hazardous Materials Leadership (non-tactical)
* Incident Management Teams (IMT)
* Shared Resources, Cooperative Services, and Mutual Aid
* Environmental or Green Issues/Impact
* Health, Safety and Survival
* Community Risk Reduction (e.g., residential sprinkler system retro-fitting and new construction topics)
* Volunteer & Combination Leadership
* Fire-Based EMS
Program submissions should appeal to all levels of fire service. Submitted topics may be considered as either a pre-conference workshop or a conference session. Seminars will be held on August 24-25 and typically are four- to eight-hour sessions. Conference sessions will be held August 26-28 and last 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Five to seven sessions will run concurrently in two to three timeslots per day.
The FRI program planning committee will review all submissions and select sessions based on relevance, timeliness of the content and the qualifications of the presenter. Programs that are presented elsewhere during 2010 will not be considered. Submissions will be accepted only online. Faxed or mailed forms will not be accepted.
Submit papers for FRI 2010. Contact Carrie Meadows Abernathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-537-4801 with questions.