Army awards $19 million IT services contract to SI International
Under the contract, Reston, Va.-based SI International will provide knowledge management, training development and electronic performance system integration and support, according to the company. The Army awarded the contract under the Millennia Lite Functional Area 2 GSA contract vehicle.
The contract, valued at approximately $19 million if all option years are exercised, has a one-year base period with four one-year option periods, according to SI International.
The Defense Ammunition Center provides ammunition training, explosives safety instruction and logistics support to Department of Defense military and civilian organizations and personnel. SI International, in support of the center, has:
- Designed a knowledge-management strategic plan.
- Created Web-Based training development processes and courses.
- Established professional development institutes for Defense Ammunition Center instructors.
- Created a Defense Ammunition Center Community of Excellence.
- Developed a long-term training plan.
- Implemented a learning-management system/learning content-management system (LMS/LCMS).
- Delivered help-desk support services.
“This win demonstrates our continued commitment to provide a wide range of knowledge-management and blended learning solutions to the federal government,” said Cathie McMahon, SI International’s senior vice president of learning. “We are excited to have this opportunity to continue our partnership with DAC to support the ammunition community.”
The SI International team includes SumTotal Systems Inc., Oklahoma State University, Training & Consulting Inc., LMI Government Consulting and Executive Development Associates Inc.