xxxNews Of The Weirdxxx
Bizarre but true stories about real people collected by syndicated columnist Chuck Shepherd.
The classic middle name: Arrested for murder:
– Anthony Wayne Grimm (Springfield, Ill., August);
– Daryl Wayne Smith (Wheeling, W.Va., August);
– Seth Wayne Campbell (Houston, July);
– Douglas Wayne Clark (Austin, Texas, October).
Convicted of murder:
– Gary Wayne Davis (Louisville, Ky., September).
Arrested on suspicion of murder at press time:
– Michael Wayne Bartlett (Ridgetop, Tenn., October).
The North Korean government gave its top yearly science prize to Pyongyang Hospital for developing a rhubarb-and-marijuana concoction that is “97 percent effective” in curing constipation.
Adele Robinson and several other New York City public-school contract teachers were mailed checks for 1 cent to correct a calculation error on summer-class pay.
Cheyenne Harley Kahnapace, 26, pleaded guilty to violating his parole restrictions after a police officer caught him out for a walk pushing a baby stroller containing a small keg of beer (Regina, Saskatchewan).
Prominent entomologist Elmo Hardy passed away at age 88, his legacy secure in that 50 species of flies are named for him (Honolulu).
Send your Weird News to Chuck Shepherd, P.O. Box 18737, Tampa, Fla. 33679 or Weird@compuserve.com
Copyright © 2001 by Chuck Shepherd
NEWS OF THE WEIRD