Cities Have a Bright Future with LED Lighting – Here’s Why!
This webinar will be held Wednesday, June 22, 2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. ET
The 65 million street lights in the U.S. account for up to 40% of city electricity bills. LED street lighting offers environmental and economic solutions – reducing energy consumption while lowering the cost of ownership. In fact, cities like L.A. and Detroit have already saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by implementing LED street lighting. But perhaps the most compelling benefits today are those we never imagined – better light experiences. That said, municipalities and utilities face new and unexpected challenges in an attempt to realize the vision of LED lighting. Many early installations continue to save cities money but are now looking for solutions to new citizen concerns around glare and brightness.
During this webinar, participants will learn:
- Overview of key topics and current events impacting street lighting decisions today, including connected street lighting and the challenges that cities face when considering an LED upgrade.
- Important criteria that a city should consider when selecting LED street lights for applications ranging from residential streets to large highways.
- Examples and case studies of successful and not-so-successful street lighting upgrades.
- Bill Wolpin, Editorial Director, American City and County (Moderator)
- Erik Milz, Cree Vice President of Product Marketing for Outdoor Lighting