Ford launches telematics platform and app to help maximize fleet performance
To help commercial vehicle customers optimize their fleets and make them even more efficient, Ford Commercial Solutions has launched Ford Telematics, a web-based software platform and subscription service designed to grant fleet managers easy access to important connected vehicle data.
A division of Ford Mobility, Ford Commercial Solutions is dedicated to helping fleets improve their operational effectiveness by offering manufacturer-grade connected vehicle data and information.
Through Ford Telematics, commercial vehicle customers can monitor their fleets with GPS tracking and geofencing, get live vehicle health alerts to plan and limit downtime, set reminders for vehicle service, analyze driver behavior, and help manage fuel usage to potentially reduce costs.
Ford is offering six months of complimentary access on qualified commercial vehicle purchases from now through July 31. Customers can learn more by visiting the Ford Telematics website, and can confirm eligible purchases here.
With Ford Telematics, fleet managers can help:
- Improve utilization: Keep track of fleet vehicles with GPS tracking and geofencing capabilities. Knowing exactly where vehicles are helps identify which driver is closest to the next call, plan more effectively and get the most out each vehicle.
- Maximize vehicle availability: Receive proactive notifications and vehicle health alerts to plan and stay ahead. Workflow tools will help schedule services well in advance, avoid costly, unexpected repairs and reduce disruption to fleet operations.
- Optimize running costs: Minimizing waste is crucial to every business. Fleet Managers can monitor the fuel consumption of all vehicles and identify areas of waste as well as their causes.
- Protect drivers and vehicles: Manage the fleet and driver compliance every day with a range of notifications, including advance service reminders or a warning if a driver isn’t wearing their seatbelt. This helps managers act quickly and protect their staff, their vehicles and their operation.
- Improve driver behavior: Valuable insights into driver behavior informs business of coaching opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce waste and improve compliance.
As part of a subscription, commercial customers will also have access to the Ford Telematics Drive mobile app, which offers a user-friendly way to associate drivers with vehicles and for drivers to report the condition of their vehicles. Digital vehicle checks remove the need to file paperwork, and the app also allows drivers to relay information that may not be readily available through a vehicle’s telematic control unit, such as tire conditions or broken mirrors.
The mobile app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices, and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
“Fleet operators and managers are always looking for better ways to improve their business, but they can only do that if they have the right data at hand,” Michelle Moody director at Ford Commercial Solutions said in a statement. “Ford Telematics not only puts that essential information right at their fingertips, its intuitive interface and mobile companion app for drivers make it even easier to process all that data – meaning businesses can focus on what they do best: serving their customers.”