Webinar shows how to minimize turf equipment downtime
Three experts will show how web-based systems can simplify maintenance of grounds equipment and save time and money in the process. The online session, titled “Minimize Turf Equipment Downtime,” takes place Thursday, Sept. 29 at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT
The webinar will discuss some of the benefits of automated systems. Web-based setups currently available can alert grounds managers when maintenance is due, advise which parts are needed and provide current pricing available through a facility’s distributor.
Automated systems ensure that equipment is maintained properly in a timely manner to avoid costly downtime, while optimizing performance and service life. Further, automated maintenance record-keeping systems provide maintenance cost histories for any or all equipment at the push of a button. This last benefit is crucial when it is time to consider replacing equipment.
In the webinar, attendees will learn how to:
- Simplify parts ordering processes
- Easily track equipment assets
- Save time when accessing equipment resources, such as manuals, service bulletins, etc., and ensure that grounds managers always have the latest information
- Use new wireless hour meters to simplify equipment use tracking and maintenance
- Automatically trigger maintenance alerts to ensure preventive maintenance gets done in a timely manner
- Easily customize the system to fit a facility’s maintenance requirements
- Track all maintenance costs and history through a simple work order process
- Instantly report on equipment assets, parts inventory, maintenance costs and history
Presenters at the session include:
Stanley Kapulka, equipment program director at the Montgomery County Revenue Authority in Rockville, Md.
Kevin Mercer, superintendent of grounds at St. Mary’s College in St. Mary’s City, Md.
Carlos Calderon, senior marketing manager at The Toro Company in Bloomington, Minn.
The webinar speakers will discuss their use of the automated system to compare acquisition costs versus maintenance costs, as well as to track inventory costs. The speakers will provide their formula for solving the leasing versus owning problem when purchasing equipment. The session will show how automated systems enable effective management across multiple sites.